Monday, April 25, 2011

A visit from the tooth fairy! A first for Lilly...

Friday night Lilly had her first visit from the Tooth Fairy. As most of you know...this is a BIG deal to most 5 and 6 year old's. Lilly has been very patient and has waited and waited for the chance to try to stay up all night and catch the Tooth fairy in action. She most definitely gave it a good try...the Tooth Fairy had to make several attempts before she was able to leave her gift under the pillow! The Tooth Fairy was very generous, she left Lilly $4.00!! Yes, it's a lot and Mac complained that he never got that amount of $$ for his teeth-
There is a very good reason for it...
Lilly had to have both of her bottom teeth pulled. It was awful. I expected it to go a lot smoother than it did, but it really was out of my control. She had to have them pulled because her permanent teeth have been trying to come in for a few months and the baby teeth were not budging at all. They wouldn't even wiggle the tiniest bit!! In the picture above you can actually see part of her permanent teeth poking through her gums. The dentist said it happens sometimes and that they really needed to pull them because it was damaging her permanent teeth. They numbed her up really well and she didn't cry at that point. (which is a bit painful because it's done like a shot) I thought that since she didn't get upset with the numbing part, we were going to walk out of there without any big upset.
I couldn't have been more wrong!
After they checked her for numbness, he started pulling, yanking and wiggling on the first tooth. It looked awful from where I was was...her teeth must have really been "stuck" because at one point he had to stand up just to give himself more strength to get her teeth out! When he stood over her and used all his might to get the tooth out, she flipped. I am not sure if she could feel anything other than pressure at that point, but I know everyone in that office could hear her screams! I felt horrible and couldn't calm her in anyway. She had to be held down to get the second tooth out. I may never get her back to the dentist, which is obviously not a good thing...especially when she always gone without ever being scared or nervous before! I guess I should have requested that she be given enough "gas" to make her sleep, but she always gets sick after she wakes up, plus she has never freaked at the dentist before. My bad. She was pretty upset with me. A visit to the Disney Store and a generous gift from the Tooth Fairy didn't help as much as I had hoped! I just hope that the rest of her baby teeth aren't as stubborn and Yes, Daddy will be taking her to the next dental appt!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelsey said...

Oh, that's terrible!! Poor girl! I'm glad she got a little something extra for that. Hope she forgives you soon :)

Monday, April 25, 2011  
Blogger Pam Griffis said...

Now you are scaring me! Connie has been waiting since the first kid in kindergarten lost a tooth. She walks around wiggling her teeth trying to coax them out. It has been fun to watch. The other day we noticed that her permanent teeth on the bottom front have started to poke through while the baby teeth are still snug. I guess I need to take her in to the dentist. But I sure hope we don't have to have them pulled. I am not sure Connie could handle that...how can I watch? Y'all are amazing!

I hope she feels better.

Monday, May 02, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home