Monday, April 11, 2011

Say some prayers...

I am not sure how many of you know about the huge fires in West Texas. They are really bad and burning up a lot of the country that my Dad and family live. I have been on the phone with them as much as possible to keep tabs on everyone. Fort Davis is a very small community and it has been hit hard. My Dad and Nonna and Pe-Paw have packed up what they can as of this morning and are just hoping and praying for the best. Dad just called and is standing a long the highway watching the firefighters try to keep the fire away from their houses...I talked with him until his phone lost it's signal, I feel helpless! We are drowning in rain here and they are literally burning up down there. It's so aggravating...I would give anything to send them a down pour right now!
Here is a link to the Marfa Public Radio website, it's the best for updates at the moment. The fire actually started in Marfa and devastated Fort Davis. Dad says it looks like Armageddon.
http://www.marfapublicradio.org/
Dad just called again, the fire is about 50 yards from his house, but firefighters are on scene and trying to change it's direction. It looks like it is going to miss his house and move back up the mountain but it's headed towards the observatory. He is very thankful to them because they have been spraying retardant and water around thier property for 2 days now.
Please keep them all in your prayers...
I will update as I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home