Monday, April 11, 2011

West Texas Fire Update

I have been on the phone with everyone...the fire came VERY close to Dad's house and Nonna and Pe-Paw's, about 40 yards! Dad's house is now in the clear and in about another 15 mins or so, Nonna's house should be too. The fire is now headed towards Limpia Crossings. (a lot of houses there) They expect it to be there in a few hours. Pray for all of them!
Again, here is a link to the Marfa Public Radio Station- it talks about battling fire on Barry Scobey Mountain which is the mountain my dad's home is on.
http://www.marfapublicradio.org/

Aunt Myrt and family are waiting for Hwy 17 to open and they will head Dad's direction.
Will update as I can.
Also, here is another link to a site that is talking about the fires-
http://www.statesman.com/news/texas/wildfires-leave-fort-davis-looking-like-the-newsreels-1390774.html

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelsey said...

I've been so worried about your dad and my mom has been updating us on what's happening. I'm so glad he's ok and am just praying they get some relief very soon.

Monday, April 11, 2011  
Blogger Pat and Laura Potter said...

Thank You (:
I have been so worried too, have not slept much since it started on Friday. I am glad his house is out of the danger zone now. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Monday, April 11, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home