Saturday, August 14, 2010

Rainy Beach Trip


I had mentioned in a previous post that we went camping. We went to Fort Stevens, it's between Seaside and Astoria on the Oregon Coast. All of the Potter Family was there for a "family camping event". It was nice to see everyone and hang out, but the weather really sucked! It rained a lot...
I was already a bit tense about the idea of camping with Griff. He does not sleep well and hates to be strapped or put in anything that confines him. With all the rain, he was pretty unhappy and (as Pat's family would inform you)... SO WAS I. I do apologize for being a grump, but I am TRULY still a TEXAN at heart. Camping in the wind, rain and just a soggy environment is not my idea of a good time- LOL - I swear that I still have moss growing on my feet from all the WET!! Ha-Ha-
Anyhow, the kids did have a good time and really, that's why we do it! Fort Stevens was a really cool campground and I'd like to go back when the weather is nicer. Of course, we were just there last weekend and now it's 88 degrees and sunny there...
these pictures were taken on the day we packed up to come home and it was clearing up and drying up just as we left town...
I was so exhausted- so was Griff....I think we were sleep walking in this picture!

We are going to surprise the kids in the morning with a day trip down to the beach to spend the whole day playing! The weather is beautiful over there, so we are going to take advantage of it. Griff is going to hang out with Momma B, so Pat and I can spend some good quality time with just Mac and Lilly. Should be a fun day-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home