Monday, December 8, 2008

Weekend Happenings-

We had a busy, but fun weekend. We got to see Santa. Lilly (as u can see) was not all that thrilled about him! But, she did not cry...so that was good.
She told him she wanted "princesses" for Christmas and Mac asked for a Razor scooter-

Our tree is up and decorated. This is NOT a great picture of it, but it will have to do. It is about 8 1/2 feet tall with about 800 lights on it!

After we decorated the tree, we made my Great Aunt Tea's "frosted tea cookies"
My Aunt Myrt in Texas emailed me the recipe. It has been in our family for a long time. They were very yummy and the kids had a ball making them!!!
I also worked on projects around the house that I have been wanting to get done. I finished painting & decorating Lilly's room and painted the kitchen too. It was a lot of painting/decorating in one day! I was tired last night. I have a hectic schedule this week. I am teaching 3 art classes this month at Mac's school...all of them this week! I also have stuff to get done for Lilly's Christmas Recital at her preschool as well. Her program is on Monday. She is pretty excited about it. She has been running around the house singing all of the songs.
We are going to possibly have some snow by the end of the week, so I need to go get my snow tires put on the car too- my list just keeps going... at least
I am almost done with my Christmas shopping...thank goodness! Now I just have a TON of wrapping to do! All in a days work...I guess-
Ta-Ta!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your tree is spectacular!
Your kiddos are sweet!
You are keeping extremely busy...
Do fine time to get off your feet!
(rhyming. the joys of a kindergarten teacher!)
Seriously, will you be taking movies of Lilly's program? I surely would love to see pictures.
I envy Kathy.

Monday, December 08, 2008  
Blogger Tanya said...

Awesome tree! You are such a busy person, when do you find time to clean house. Mine gets pushed to the back burner most of the time, I so need a made.

Tuesday, December 09, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I showed my pm kinders the picture of your tree only because
the question of the day was about Christmas lites. They were very impressed. They gave me comments to send to you....which for some reason, they did not go through.
Anyways, they said, "Your tree is cool...pretty...awesome...tall... whoa! Thats alot of lights." One said to say that he liked the angel at the top. Kids. so funny.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home