Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Taking a Sick Day...

I went to get Lilly up this morning for another busy day and she was NOT FEELING WELL. She had a fever to say the least, and a tiny squeak for a voice. So, we called preschool to say she would be a no show, called the doc's office for an appt. and called Mac's school to cancel my art class. (Thank goodness I got two of the art classes done yesterday before she got sick!) Anyhow, she had a positive strep test and an ear infection. So antibiotics, lots of fluids and lots of snuggling and rest is on the agenda for the next few days. It's amazing how fast your kids can get sick. She was fine all day yesterday- she went with me to both art classes and all of my other running around's that had to get done. I now worry that we may have exposed people to Strep...

I took advantage of having to stay at home this afternoon. I did a lot of cleaning, laundry etc. I even got Grandpa Tex's room ready for him. He will be here in ONE WEEK! We are soo excited, but I sure hope the rest of us don't get sick too.
I also realized that there are only 15 days till Christmas, so I did some wrapping while my princess napped.
Pat took this picture last night of Mac reading a bed-time story to his 'lil sis... so sweet!
If Momma B sees this, I hope it brings back great memories of her kiddo's. The rocking chair belongs to her. It was her daughter's chair. It's on loan to us for awhile...




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did see the chair. But only after I saw my 2 favorite people.
Gosh, Laura...I do hope you know how much I miss them. You have a couple of sweet kids and I so enjoyed getting to know them and spend so much time with them over the past 2 yrs. They sure are lucky to have a couple of wonderful parents like you and Pat!
Oh, I love Lilly's bed! She looks so sweet in it. And Mr. Mac! What a terrific big bro he is!!!!
Please, give them my love.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008  
Blogger Pam Griffis said...

I am so sorry that she isn't feeling well right before Christmas. And Mac is so sweet to read to her. Around here I have to really be on the lookout for Brad to be sweet to either of the girls or them being sweet to him. I guess they team up on him most of time and he can't be bothered with them the rest of the time.

Christmas is coming FAST! I didn't even realize it was so close until Mert emailed me to get are plans for our Pecos trip. Wish ya'll could be there, but we will see you soon!

Thursday, December 11, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home