Monday, March 26, 2012

Airing Out...

I promise I could not make up the events my little family has powered through since late November. You all know of the losses we have had in a very short amount of time. It hasn't all ended there. We just keep rolling with more "punches" each month. The stress and lack of sleep has caught up with all of us I think. The kids have had upper respiratory infections, stomach bugs, pink eye and ear infections! Pat and I have had head-colds and sore throats off and on for 2 weeks now. March arrived with lots of snow...when all we wanted was some sun and warmth! The kids were sort of off schedule because Pat and I had to leave them while we went to Texas to work on Dad's estate. We are still recovering from IT ALL. Did I mention that Pat had a HUGE project at work fall into place (after years of hard work) in the middle of all of this? Which is a very positive thing, but of course means adjustment for everyone. So today I have made a decision for the mental and physical health of my family, we are slowing down as much as possible.
We need a serious breather and respite from all this stress and illness. I am exhausted. We ALL are.

The last few days have been warm and sunny. The snow has all melted and I feel my shoulders relax a little. I know more sunny days will come, I know we will be outdoors playing, I know we will be able to open up windows and let the fresh air in. I know all this is true, but lately all of that feels further and further from our grasp, physically and emotionally. Life is taking a toll and I need to make room, take time, heal & rest.

Here's to better days...days of calm, days of slow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home