Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween and Baby Showers...Oh My!

We had a nice, mild Halloween. Met our big group of friends at Paola's Pizza before we let the hoodlums run wild in the neighborhood Trick-or-Treatin'.
I didn't walk as much as everyone else did- was more than happy to hang at home and pass out the candy! Mac was a Wolf...hard to see his hat from these pictures, but it was pretty cool. Lilly was a Princess...big surprise there. I tried SOO hard to talk her into something else, but she was dead set on it. I informed her that she will have to be something else next year!! They got tons of candy and were extremely excited about their "loot". I am very happy to say that we hid the candy away after they went to bed and they have not even asked about it since...Ha!



On the Baby News- had an appt last week and am still at 2 centimeters. This is good news! Baby will not be coming too early. She decided to give me this week off from having an appt and I will go back in next week on the 11th to get checked again. She thinks maybe baby will come in the next 2 1/2 weeks. We'll see...they have their own time line and we have no control over it! I am not going to sugar coat how I feel at the moment....have ZERO energy, lots of cramping/contractions, hardly sleeping and I can no longer walk- I WADDLE. I feel like a "zombie"....I am extremely tired, nauseous and can't remember anything....it is very frustrating, but I am very happy with how this pregnancy has gone for the most part. Mac and Lilly were a lot tougher....I was SICK the entire time with them and that has NOT been the case with this one. I had two, just wonderful, baby showers! We had fun going through all the gifts we received. We have been working diligently on getting everything ready for the arrival. I have all the clothes, bedding, etc washed and baby's room is stocked. Baby's bag and car seat are ready to go.
OH and last but not least- we should be getting our new vehicle today. I am going to call it "the bus"...it's huge. A Ford Excursion....diesel engine at that! It is going to take some getting use to. We decided on this over a suburban for several reasons- I will spare you all the boring details. It is VERY NICE....I just hope that I do not hit anyone/anything with it.
I have just a few things left to do before I will feel "ready". The kids are getting anxious and have been very good lately. They are bummed that they will not be able to come to the hospital, but we will get home as fast as we can!
Bathroom Update- There are finally people here today working on it. Pat and I had to get pretty ugly with our builder, but I guess that's what you have to do sometimes. They are still in the demolition phase this afternoon. I have not gone up stairs yet to look- am a bit scared at what I am going to find. I think I should just stay out of there until it is almost done!! Would have been so nice if they had responded to this way back in July when I first contacted them about it... the timing just sucks- I REALLY miss my huge soaker tub.
Well, that's it for now... hope you are all doing well. I know I have forgotten some things...like-

OH yes, we had a HUGE SURPRISE 70th b-day party for Pat's mom last weekend! It was a blast. Pat and I did all the food and the party was at Kelly's house. It went off without a glitch and she was TOTALLY surprised. There were about 60 people there! She had no idea....I got her over there with a story. A story of "I am going into labor, need you to come meet me!" I felt pretty guilty, but they taped me calling her and I apologized ahead of time. Now we will see if she believes me when it's the real phone call!
Ta-Ta for now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! where'd the names go??
How can I get folks to vote for Lakota? Just kidding with ya!

Wednesday, November 04, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whew. The names came back!
hmmmm I see that Faith is in the lead!
I like that name....hows about
Faith Lakota-Lynn? 3 birds with one stone? :)heehee
love ya....

Wednesday, November 04, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home