Thursday, November 3, 2011

Trick-or-Treat

Halloween Night was a lot of fun. Both kids and adults had a great time. We hosted a pre-Halloween party on Saturday night (pictures to come later) so, all my decor was still out and very festive!
One of the trick-or-treater's that came up to the door was yelling out to his Mom "Harry Potter gets his mail here!!" He was looking at my mailbox with our last name on it. He was so excited...must be a big Harry Potter fan...I told Mac he needs to dress like him next year and hand out candy (:

Griff was really pitching a fit about having a costume on. He screamed and screamed every time we attempted to put one on him...I tried a few different costumes and finally got him to wear part of the one pictured above. He was suppose to be a soldier. I wanted to paint his face up and had a hat and dog tags for him to wear, but that just didn't pan out. He trick-or-treated for awhile, but didn't last all that long. Every time someone opened their door, he would run straight into the house as if he lived there!!! It was nuts! Luckily we know most of our neighbors, so they laughed at it all...but I am not sure Pat was laughing all that much.

Grandpa Tex was a little excited for Halloween too. It had been a while since he handed out treats on Halloween Night! I had the outside and inside of the house all decked out. He handed out candy and I hosted all our guests that were in and out of our house throughout the evening. I served the adults hot-toddies as they came around with their ghouls and goblins. My hot-toddies were a big hit!!

You can tell very well in these pics, but we had strobe lights, scary jack-o-lanterns, a fog machine, music, a cemetery and ghosts all around the yard to greet out trick-or-treater's. It was a good balance...not too scary, but still "cool" enough for the older kids. Lots and lots of people took pictures with Mr. Grimm below...
At the end of the eve, all the kids were diving into their candy collections!!
My, they all got a ton of it!!

Hope you all had a great Halloween!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home