Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Griff at 5 months

Hard to believe that Griff is already 5 months old. He is a character...
...and so adorable!
I am not sure exactly what he weighs now, but I am certain that he is close to 20 lbs. He is a tank..a drooling tank at that! He soaks everything. I cannot keep anything on him dry. Everything goes in his mouth. I had to "grease" up his fists/hands with Eucerin cream last week and cover them up with socks to help them heal. He sucks on his fists so much that his skin cracks! It looked awful and this was the only way to give them a chance to heal. It worked great and I plan on doing it again if needed. I had to constantly change the socks on his hands because he would chew them up, but it worked! Yesterday I found him sucking on his big toe- I immediately put socks on him! He will "eat" his toes right off!!

I gave him some solids (baby food) a few weeks ago, per the pediatricians advice. He seems to like most everything, but I am not a 100% certain that he really needs it. He makes a huge mess because his tongue isn't trained yet on how to take the food into his mouth/palette. I think most of it ends up on his bib, hands and smeared across his face and into his hair. We are backing off a bit until I think he is a bit more ready...Mom's know best anyhow!!
His next baby well check-up will be at 6 months. Will see what the kiddo weighs by then...

Lilly and Mac are still having lots of fun with him. I think more now than ever. My dad hung up his baby swing on the swing set a few weeks ago and they argue over who is going to push him. Griff loves the attention. He is rolling over in all directions and actually "chases" his siblings that way. They love that Griff is tracking them down. They play peek-a-boo with him a lot and get a kick out of his laugh/chuckle. I will have to tape them playing with him soon. It's just too cute.
My oh my...time is flying by-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home