Thursday, December 31, 2009

Mac is 9!


Pat and I can't believe that our boy is 9! Seriously, where does the time go?
Mac is a great kid. He is is kind, loving, smart, patient and just well rounded. He does great in school and sports. He makes us laugh and is pretty mature for 9. He watches and observes everyone and everything around him. We are careful with what he watches on the news or TV because he is so observant and sensitive to some of the things he see's. The war really bothers him and any crimes that are reported on the news bother him. I think most 9 year old's probably don't give that stuff much attention. He is compassionate and always wants to help others. I am anxious to see what he accomplishes in his life. I think he will help as many people as he can over his lifetime. He is and has been a true blessing to me personally. I learn things from him all the time. I love being his "Mom"...

For his birthday we usually have a big party and he asks everyone to bring items to donate to the local Humane Society instead of b-day gifts. He has always loved taking all the stuff down to them and loving on a few animals. It's pretty sweet.

We decided to do something different this year. I told him that we had helped many local families this year for Christmas, so we could do something different if he'd like. We decided to "go out", just Dad, him and myself for an evening. We went and saw a movie together and then went out for dinner. He told us he was going to "live it up" and order an appetizer, full dinner and a dessert. He is too funny! He did just that...we also attempted to go to ToysR'us, but they were closed by the time we made it that way. It was a great "quality time" evening with him as the center of our attention. I enjoyed it as much as he did! Pat's mom kept Lilly and Griff for us. I had a hard time leaving Griff for just a few hours...I know...I am a sap!
Can't help it.
Mac will also have a little party tonight with all of his buddies to celebrate his birthday and the New Year.
Hope you all have a Great New Year's Eve and BE SAFE!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mac is a wonderful young man! I was so blessed to have him in my kindergarten class, gosh, 3 yrs ago! He is a very kind-hearted, thoughtful, considerate, polite young man. Kids. They learn from their parents! You and Pat have been marvelous role models for Mac. As you have learned from him, most definitely, he has learned from YOU and Pat! I enjoy any chance I get to visit with Mac. He has some really solid, good thoughts about life. And you are right, he IS more mature than most 9yr olds. While you were having Griff, Mac was a wonderful help as he was back when you were taking care of you dad and I watched the kids. He has always seemed very reliable and very responsible!!
Wish MORE kids were like Mr. Mac Attack! I just love him!!

Thursday, December 31, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home